PetPartners, Inc. is an indirect corporate affiliate of PetPlace.com. PetPlace may be compensated when you click on or make a purchase using the links in this article.
Adopted or found a Siamese cat and looking for a suitable name?
Siamese have always been a highly regarded and gorgeous cat since they were brought from what is now Thailand, to England, to the United States where they were bred and new fur coats and eye colors were created but the elongated and delicate body structure stayed.
Siamese cats are known for the way they speak with both their body and their unique voices. They are popular among celebrities. And, they have been recognized by the Cat Fancier’s Association since 1934.
To help you brainstorm a name for your new feline, we’ve created a list to help.
Siamese Cat Names
A list of alphabetical names created from origin, breed, physical appearance, temperament, social patterns and famous Siamese cats.
- Bali – Balinese are the long-haired Siamese
- Boca – Spanish for “mouth”
- Bono – after the singer
- Calliope – Greek as “she of the beautiful voice”
- Carlyle – Fred Astaire’s Siamese
- Catherine Olivia de Havilland’s Siamese cat
- Cheyenne – means “little red talker”
- Chickie Boom
- Chidori – Japanese for 1000 chirping birds. Chi-Chi for short?
- Coo-Coo – would wake up like a coo-coo clock
- D.C. for Darn Cat
- Decibel – for a very vocal female cat!
- Elwood – was singing the blues when he was found, wailing and alone and scared
- Fieldy – The bassist Reginald “Fieldy” Arvizu of the band Korn
- Hayes – President Hayes had a Siamese
- Jason – from BBC TV’s Blue Peter
- Java – Javanese
- Joplin (for Janice Joplin)
- KIKI – great name for a talkative and demanding cat
- Lalage – Comes from a Greek origin meaning to chatter
- Ling Ling
- Marcus – James Dean’s Siamese
- Meezer – Nickname that comes from the sound of their voice
- Mew Mew
- Mimi – was name of Siamese owned by John Lennon
- Minou – Pablo Picasso’s Siamese
- Misty Malarky Ying Yang – Name of the Siamese owned by Amy Carter (daughter of President Jimmy Carter).
- Munky Fields – After the lead guitarist James “Munky” Sheffield
- Olyote – Cherokee word for crybaby
- Ori – For the ornamental Siamese
- Pitty Pat
- Samson – UK Heavyweight boxing champ, Frank Bruno’s Siamese
- Sia – The singer
- Siam – Where they are believed to have come from, now called Thailand
- Smarty Pants
- Tai Lu – Comic strip Siamese from the 1950’s
- Tamra Maew
- To-ku – Japanese for “talk”
- Wally – Wally Cleaver from “Leave It to Beaver”
- Yahzee – One of the Navajo in the movie “Wind Talkers”
Doesn’t matter how or what you would like to name your cat, we have the perfect name for you. Are you looking for a cat name to go with personality traits such as independent cats, playful cats, funny cats, cute or beautiful cats, loving cats, sweet cats, big cats or cats with big personalities, small cats, smart cats, not so smart cats, ornery cats, or talkative cats? Or how about a stray or rescued cat?
Or are you looking for a name your cat based on his hair coat color or type such as he is white, brown, orange or red, grey, black, black and white, tabby, calico or a fluffy cat.
Check out PetPlace.com’s other articles on what to name your feline friend – Ultimate Guide to Naming Your Cat.
Have a name idea for a Siamese Cat? Share it below!